I don't know why the shower wasn't manufactured with even foot pegs, but that's what I have to work with. At first I thought "No big deal- it won't show with the finish material", but then I started considering all the work it would take to fit trim just to cover up that mistake. So, I got out the handy "cat's paw" and started popping nails out.
Now mind you, my impression of these shower stalls is that they're kind of a one time installation deal. Once you crack fiberglass, there's not much repairing it. Thankfully, I was able to get all the nails out without considerable damage. It was when I tried re-positioning the shower that I discovered why it wasn't level. I had placed it to match up with the drain pipe, which inconveniently is in the middle of a floor joist. I spent some time trying to shave the joist down just enough to slide the drain over, but eventually just grabbed the Sawzall and chopped through. At least I have plenty of plywood sub-flooring tying everything together, right?
I had a prospective fellow tiny houser coming by for a tour at 4:00, so I scrambled to get the shower back in place and everything cleaned up. The stall still wasn't exactly level, but that was alright since I discovered the next morning that, oh, its gotta come out again! The valves on showers are typically mounted on a piece of framing added to the wall. Just for fun, I decided to put the covers and escutcheon plate together to make the bathroom look a little more complete. When the cover didn't quite fit, I discovered that we had framed the valve about an inch too far forward. So, out came the cat's paw again. Moving the framing back meant that I also had to cut out and redo all of the plumbing attached. This wasn't too bad, since honestly I wasn't that satisfied with the job I had done previously. This time around I tried to straighten out the lines and simplify them some. I can't guarantee that they won't leak and I'll have to tear everything out again, but at least they look a bit neater :)
P.S. With the warm weather Friday, I was able to put a second coat of paint on the windows to deepen that Mesa Red!